Policies and Documents
On this page you can find the important policies in place at Host Family Stay
Safeguarding and Health Policies
Definitions and Interpretations
Collectively all information that you submit to Host Family Stay via the website, over the phone, during a home visit or via email. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Act 2018.
A small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).
- HOST FAMILY STAY OR US
Host Family Stay is a trading name for Signeer Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 08756980, whose registered office is at 46 Lower Richmond Rd, London SW14 7EX.
- UK and EU COOKIE LAW
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
- USER OR YOU
Any third party that accesses the website or contacts us directly and is not either (i) employed by Host Family
Stay and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Host Family Stay and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services.
http://hostfamilystay.com and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships; "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- Personal Data
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include copies of your personal identification information provided to us (such as passport photo, driving license, national security card) your name, nationality, gender, address, email address, user IP addresses (in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised), telephone number, and billing and credit card information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Non-Personal Data
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses (where they have been clipped or anonymised), browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of the website.
Our Use of Data
- Personal Data
We will process any personal data provided to us by you for the following purposes:
(i) Contract Operation & Management; the provision of services: your information will not be shared with third parties, except for limited contact information that may be shared with approved guests, hosts, schools or agencies.
(ii) Direct Marketing; We, and/or our authorised agents may from time to time inform you by telephone, letter, email or post of special offers, discounts, competitions and promotions.
- Non-Personal Data
We use non-personal data gathered from visitors to the website in an aggregate form to gain a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise the website.
- For purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation Act 2018, Host Family Stay is the "data controller".
- We will retain any Data you submit for 6 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Improvement of our products / services;
- Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
Host Family Stay may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal data provided by users of this website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business, ownership and control
We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
Use of data for direct marketing purposes;
Sharing data with third parties.
Functionality of the website
To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
For more information see the clause below (Cookies).
Accessing your own data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Host Family Stay (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £20.
Data security is of great importance to Host Family Stay and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this Website, per telephone, during home visits or per email.If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Host Family Stay to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place different types of Cookies as following:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser.
By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Host Family Stay by email at [email protected]
Safeguarding and Health Policies